- RSS Channel Showcase 1609057
- RSS Channel Showcase 7173610
- RSS Channel Showcase 7782184
- RSS Channel Showcase 6954001
Articles on this Page
- 06/22/17--00:55: _AP sources: Senate ...
- 06/22/17--01:01: _EU leaders to weigh...
- 06/22/17--01:08: _Trump using Trump h...
- 06/22/17--01:38: _Wall Street Journal...
- 06/22/17--02:37: _Food exporters incl...
- 06/22/17--02:48: _AP Newsbreak: US, E...
- 06/22/17--03:30: _Brazilian president...
- 06/22/17--04:35: _Line messaging digi...
- 06/22/17--04:39: _American Airlines f...
- 06/22/17--05:00: _The Amazon effect: ...
- 06/22/17--05:33: _Applications for US...
- 06/22/17--05:35: _Applications for US...
- 06/22/17--05:38: _State-owned Qatar A...
- 06/22/17--06:10: _Sears Canada says i...
- 06/22/17--06:40: _Hain Celestial says...
- 06/22/17--06:55: _Boeing hauls in dea...
- 06/22/17--07:06: _Long-term US mortga...
- 06/22/17--07:07: _US stock indexes ho...
- 06/22/17--00:55: AP sources: Senate GOP health bill would overhaul Obama law
- 06/22/17--01:01: EU leaders to weigh terrorism, defense ties, migration
- 06/22/17--01:08: Trump using Trump hotel to hold Trump re-election fundraiser
- 06/22/17--01:38: Wall Street Journal fires correspondent over ethics conflict
- 06/22/17--02:48: AP Newsbreak: US, EU urge China to limit food import control
- 06/22/17--03:30: Brazilian president says he built warm ties with Putin
- 06/22/17--04:35: Line messaging digital theme park to open in Thai capital
- 06/22/17--04:39: American Airlines flight diverted due to mechanical problem
- 06/22/17--05:35: Applications for US jobless aid tick up to still-low 241,000
- 06/22/17--05:38: State-owned Qatar Airways seeks 10 pct stake in American
- 06/22/17--06:10: Sears Canada says it is seeking court protection
- 06/22/17--06:40: Hain Celestial says accounting review reveals no changes
- 06/22/17--07:06: Long-term US mortgage rates slip this week
- 06/22/17--07:07: US stock indexes hold steady as oil’s dismal week eases
WASHINGTON (AP) — Senate Republicans would cut Medicaid, end penalties for people not buying insurance and erase a raft of tax increases as part of their long-awaited plan to scuttle President Barack Obama’s health care law, congressional aides and lobbyists say. After weeks of closed-door meetings that angered Democrats and some Republicans, Senate Majority Leader […]
BRUSSELS (AP) — European Union leaders are gathering Thursday to weigh measures to tackle terrorism, closer defense ties and migration, convinced that anti-EU sentiment and support for populist parties are waning. Ahead of the two-day meeting in Brussels, summit chairman Donald Tusk trumpeted the resurgence of the EU, even as Britain launched talks this week […]
WASHINGTON (AP) — President. Candidate. Businessman. Three of President Donald Trump’s roles converge next week as he holds his first re-election fundraiser at his hotel in Washington. Trump can see the Trump International Hotel from the White House lawn, making it a premier and convenient location for the June 28 major-donor event, his campaign director […]
WASHINGTON (AP) — The Wall Street Journal on Wednesday fired its highly regarded chief foreign affairs correspondent after evidence emerged of his involvement in prospective commercial deals — including one involving arms sales to foreign governments — with an international businessman who was one of his key sources. The reporter, Jay Solomon, was offered a […]
BEIJING (AP) — Food exporters including U.S., EU press China to suspend inspection rules they say will hamper trade.
BEIJING (AP) — Food exporters including the United States and European Union are stepping up pressure on China to scale back plans for intensive inspections of imports that they say would hamper access to its fast-growing market. The group, which also includes Japan and Australia, sent a joint letter to Chinese regulators asking them to […]
MOSCOW (AP) — Brazilian President Michel Temer says he has built warm ties with Russian counterpart Vladimir Putin. Temer, speaking in an interview with Tass news agency that was also broadcast by Russian state television Thursday, said he has “developed friendly personal ties” with the Russian president. Temer said his four-hour talks with Putin on […]
BANGKOK (AP) — The text-messaging service Line plans to inaugurate an indoor digital theme park in Thailand’s capital, seeking to squeeze maximum advantage from its popularity in the country, its second biggest market after Japan. Line Village Bangkok will begin operating Friday as a retail store, selling dolls and similar merchandise, but later this year […]
CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) — An American Airlines international flight originating in North Carolina had to be rerouted due to a mechanical problem. News outlets report American Airlines flight 730 was able to return safely about 11:45 p.m. Wednesday to Charlotte Douglas International Airport. A statement from American Airlines says the flight departed at 7 p.m. […]
However you measure it, Amazon’s impact on Seattle is indisputable. Here’s a new metric: summer interns. Amazon has so many that King County Metro has adjusted bus service just for them.
WASHINGTON (AP) — Applications for US unemployment aid rise to still-low 241,000, a sign of healthy job market.
WASHINGTON (AP) — Slightly more people sought US unemployment benefits last week, but the number of applications remained at a historically low level that suggests the job market is healthy. THE NUMBERS: The Labor Department says weekly applications rose 3,000 to a seasonally adjusted 241,000. The less-volatile four-week average ticked up 1,500 to 244,750. The […]
NEW YORK (AP) — State-owned Qatar Airways is attempting to buy a 10 percent stake in American Airlines, triggering U.S. antitrust oversight of deals that size. American said in a regulatory filing Thursday that the bid was unsolicited, but that the CEOs of both airlines have spoken. Qatar submitted a filing under the Hart-Scott-Rodino Act, […]
TORONTO (AP) — Sears Canada said Thursday it is seeking court protection from its creditors in order to restructure its business. The retailer, a separate, publicly traded company that was spun off from Sears Holdings in 2012, has piled up losses and seen its stock nosedive, losing more than 80 percent of its value in […]
NEW YORK (AP) — Hain Celestial says a nearly year-long accounting review has concluded the organic food maker doesn’t need to make any major changes to its past financial reports. Shares of the company jumped nearly 6 percent to $35.05 before the stock market opened Thursday. Hain Celestial says it concluded its financial reports were […]
On the final business day of the Paris Air Show, Airbus sales chief John Leahy sneaked in one last deal that gave him at least a claim to have outsold Boeing at the show, despite the U.S. jetmaker’s successful launch of the new 737 MAX 10.
WASHINGTON (AP) — Long-term U.S. mortgage rates dropped slightly this week. Mortgage buyer Freddie Mac says the benchmark 30-year, fixed-rate mortgage averaged 3.90 percent, down from 3.91 percent last week. The rate stood at 3.56 percent a year ago and averaged a record low 3.65 percent in 2016. The 15-year, fixed-rate home loan, popular with […]
NEW YORK (AP) — U.S. stock indexes were close to flat in early trading Thursday after the price of oil stabilized, at least for now. This week has been dominated oil’s tumbling price, which dropped on Wednesday to its lowest level since last summer, and how much it will affect the broader market. KEEPING SCORE: […]